1.31.2013

PLACENCIA BELIZE UPDATE

RECENT GUIDE UPDATE FROM PALENCIA BELIZE

Email Written By Deschutes Anlger Guide Evan Unti


The weather has been beautiful for the last 5 days which is awesome!  I went fishing the last 3 days and had some good luck. The first day I had plenty of shots at Permit and executed every cast for a change but couldn't get one to take. The next day the guide took me south to a lagoon north of Punta Gorda. The lagoon was sweet. I caught a couple baby tarpon right away in the morning in the first couple casts. Nothing to brag about, they were 12 and 14 pounds approximately. We then headed to the flats and I caught a permit on my first cast,  within the first 30 seconds pulling up on the flat. I then had 3 other opportunities through the middle of the day at some BIG, and I mean BIG Permit but we just couldn't get them to eat. I finished the day off with one last Permit when we had both thrown in the towel. It was amazing to get two in one day (see below photos). 

Today I had the strangest experience - we were on one flat and without moving more then 50 feet, I cast to over twenty separate Permit as they moved onto the flat but was not able to get one to eat! It was still an awesome experience. In the end, I did jump two 50 to 65 lb. Tarpon right out the gate.  It was an awesome day. We have two more days of fishing and then we will reluctantly make the journey home. Hope all is well.

Deschutes Angler Guide Evan Unti with his first Permit


Deschutes Angler Guide Evan Unti with his second Permit of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment