11.13.2012

REBIRTH OF THE SINGLE HAND ROD

Hardy Marksman Drifter - 11' 6wt

Recently we had a chance to try the new 11 ft. 6 weight Hardy Marksman Drifter Rod set up with a Wulff Ambush line and I am considering giving up my two-handed rod for Summer Steelhead Fishing. This rod is lighter then most standard 6 weight rods and casts beautifully from the leader cast to a clean 80 ft.  Now this rod is not a switch rod despite its length, it's a true single handed 6 weight and I cast it as such. I used Spey casts with a double haul to generate the line speed needed to cast 80 ft. but the rod required little to no effort to accomplish this distance. I had one of our clients cast the rod to see how it would perform in the hands of someone who doesn't spend every free moment fishing and he was jacking further then most Steelhead lies on the Deschutes River.  I have no doubt that anyone who gets a chance to try this bad boy out will see the potential.


Deschutes River Redband Trout
Future Product Of An Early Release

No comments:

Post a Comment